Pages

Monday, October 30, 2023

Poinsettia Christmas - Falliday Fest 2023


Good morning!  Today is the day my challenge goes live for the Falliday Fest event over on Splitcoaststampers.  I am one of the hostesses today, and my challenge is to create a Poinsettia Christmas card.  I love making Christmas cards, and I love the gorgeous poinsettias that we see everywhere in December, so they are a perfect match!  Come join us over in the Falliday Fest challenges on SCS - you'll have a blast!  

I created today's card by placing the Poinsettias stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over a piece of white cardstock.  I spread some glittery red paste (Picket Fence Studios) over the whole thing, removed the stencil, and let the panel dry.  Meanwhile, I die cut the white poinsettia petals and the green sprigs (Rubbernecker) and used a stylus to shape the petals before I glued them together.  I added a gold pearl the center and glued the sprigs behind the poinsettia before I glued it to my stenciled panel, and then I glued the panel to a white card.  I gold-embossed the sentiment from Pinkfresh Studios onto black cardstock and then cut it out with the matching die before I glued it to my card.

There are several poinsettia stencils over at A Colorful Life Designs, and you can save some money by using this code, HollyFan10, when you check out.  Have fun shopping and I hope to see you in the Falliday Fest gallery!







 

No comments: