Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Pink Snowflake Wishes


Good morning!  It is freezing cold here in Texas today and it won't warm up above freezing until probably Thursday.  We are hunkering down and eating homemade soups and chili that we took out of the freezer yesterday.

Today I'm sharing this sweet card that I made with the Snowflakes stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This card could be used as a Christmas card or for someone who has a birthday during these freezing cold months.  I haven't stamped the inside yet, so we'll see what I end up using this one for.

I started by dipping a piece of misted watercolor paper into some Tattered Rose distress ink that I smooshed onto my glass mat.  While this panel was still wet, I placed the Snowflakes stencil over the panel and brushed the Tattered Rose distress ink over the stencil.  I removed the stencil and added a bit more rose color to the edges of the panel.  I love the faded areas here and there which gives this panel a vintage-y vibe.

While the panel was drying, I stamped this sweet little girl from Ink Blot Shop (Little Sweeties set) and colored her with Copic markers.  I cut her out with scissors and adhered her with foam tape to the center of the dried snowflake panel.  Then I stamped the sentiment, also from Ink Blot Shop (Mixed Holiday Greetings set), trimmed it down, and affixed it to the panel with foam tape.  The whole panel was glued down to a white card base.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can find the Snowflakes stencil HERE, and you can check out all the great snowflake stencils HERE.  Have a warm and wonderful Monday!


 

No comments: