Pages

Friday, January 27, 2023

Sending Shaker Smiles


Good morning!  I have a cute, quick, and easy shaker card to share with you today.  Isn't that cute?  I made an end-to-end shaker card with some plastic packaging that used to hold some stamps.  The packaging got torn, so instead of throwing it away, I used it to make this shaker card.

I started by stenciling some blue ink over this awesome Sea Scales 6x6 stencil from Picket Fence Studios onto some pale blue cardstock.  Then I wrapped the plastic packaging around this stenciled panel, taping three sides onto the back of the panel.  With one end open, I poured in some of the gorgeous new Sea of Dolphins sequin mix in between the plastic packaging and the front of the stenciled panel.  Then I taped the fourth end shut and adhered the whole panel to a white card base.

Next, I used some gray dye ink and stamped the adorable little dolphins from Even More of a Fishy Lot set.  After I colored them with Copic markers, I cut them out with the matching dies.  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with a black ink and cut that out with the matching die as well.  Then I adhered all three of these to the front of my shaker card.  

I love making shaker cards like this.  They are really fun and much easier than the shaker cards with the acetate and the foam tape and frames.  This Sea of Dolphins sequin mix actually has tiny little iridescent dolphins in there - I hope you can see them in my picture.  

I wanted to thank Nicole and Sara for asking me to be a guest designer for Picket Fence Studios this month.  It's been a blast, and I loved playing with all these new products.  I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for the next release!


 

No comments: