Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Guest Designer for Picket Fence Studios


Good morning!  I'm so excited to tell you that I'm a guest designer for Picket Fence Studios this month!  It's no secret that I looooove all of their paper glazes - I use them all the time.  There are four brand new glazes this month, and I'm so excited that I got to play with the new colors!!

Nicole also sent me some of the new stamps, dies, sequins, and embellishments from this new release, and boy did I have fun.  For the first card that I'm showing you today, I used a new yellow Velvet glaze, a new stencil, a bunch of new dies, and some gorgeous new sequins.  I started by placing the new Sun with Rays 6x6 stencil onto a white A2 panel.  After I carefully taped down the edges to my glass mat, I spread some of the sweet new Duckling Fuzz Velvet Glaze across the top of the stencil.  In the middle, I spread some Daffodil Yellow Paper Glaze, and down at the bottom, I spread some Aztec Sunflowers Luxe Glaze.  I used a plastic palette knife to spread and blend the three glazes together for a harmonious yellow ombre.  You can see the fabulous glitter from the Luxe glaze in the picture below.




After this stenciled panel dried, I trimmed it down and adhered it to a deep blue cardstock layer and then glued it to a white card.  This helps to keep the stenciled panel flat while I affix the die cuts and sequins.  Speaking of die cuts, there are some wonderful new dies in this release!

I pulled out the Flit Butterfly die set and cut three of the small butterflies along with the words from the same deep blue cardstock as the background layer.  After I glued those down, I pulled out some clear and pale yellow sequins from the new Fish Food sequins and glued those all over the card.  I didn't want to cover up all those gorgeous sun rays, so I stopped before I covered the whole thing with butterflies and sequins.  LOL!


For my second project, I decided to make a slimline shaker card with the new butterfly dies, the new sequins, and the gorgeous new Luxe glaze.



I started by opening the new Wandering Gypsy Luxe Glaze - a gorgeous, glittery, mauve-purple glaze.  I wanted to see how this would look with the new butterflies, so I picked out this new Flaunt Butterfly set.  There is a die and a matching stencil, and I started by cutting out the Flaunt Butterfly with the large die and some white cardstock.  Then I taped the Layered Flaunt Butterfly stencil over this die cut and spread the new Wandering Gypsy Luxe glaze over that.  I had some excess Luxe glaze on my palette knife,  so I spread it onto some scrap pieces of white cardstock and set them aside to dry. 

Meanwhile, I used the Slim Line Die Cutting System to cut a white panel, and then I used the circle with fence die to cut the two circles on each end.  I taped some clear acetate to the back of both circles and then added foam tape all around the back of the circles and the rest of the panel.  

I cut another piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than my shaker panel and I used some Life Changing Blender Brushes to brush some soft blue ink across the top and some green ink across the bottom.  This is the background that you see in the shaker windows.  With this panel ready to go, I carefully spread some of the gorgeous new Butterfly Bush sequins over the acetate windows and removed the liners from all the foam tape.  I carefully placed my inked panel over the sequin/acetate panel and made sure all the foam tape was securely adhered before I flipped the piece over.  


With the shaker panel ready and all the Luxe glazed pieces dried, I affixed the large stenciled butterfly to the center of the shaker.  It fits beautifully between the two circular openings!  I used two smaller butterfly dies from the Flaunt Butterfly die set to cut some additional butterflies from the panels that I spread the Wandering Gypsy Luxe glaze onto.  Then I cut out the words from the Wander Butterfly and the Flit Butterfly sets from some dark green cardstock and adhered those to the panel.  This panel was then affixed to a white slimline card base.

I hope you've enjoyed these two projects!  I have a few more to share with you so be sure to check back with me next week for another fun card with the new Picket Fence Studios release.



 

No comments: