Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Vintage Forever Besties


Good morning!  I found myself looking at this new Vertebrae stencil from A Colorful Life Designs, and I wondered how it would look on a vintage-style background with some silhouetted flowers on it.  So I started by placing this Vertebrae stencil onto some cream cardstock and I very lightly brushed some soft green ink over that.  I wasn't going for a fully inked look.  I just wanted a hint of the stenciling here and there.

Next, I lightly and randomly inked up a script stamp (Wplus9) and just pressed it down in random areas.  Then I brushed some brown distress ink all around the edges and splatted some brown ink all over the background.  I die cut some flower silhouettes (Taylored Expressions) and glued them to the background, cutting off the excess stems at the bottom.  I adhered this background panel to a dark brown card base.

The sentiment - Forever besties - is one of the new stamps from A Colorful Life Designs.  It's part of the new Oodles stamp set and I will definitely be using this all year long.  I stamped this with a dark brown ink onto some cream cardstock, trimmed it down, and then dipped the edges into the dark brown ink pad.  It gives the sentiment a rustic, vintage look.  This sentiment was adhered to the card over the two silhouette stems.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% off your entire order, stencils AND stamps.  You can find the Vertebrae stencil HERE and the Oodles stamp set HERE.  While you're shopping, check out the great new January release HERE.  Have a fabulous day!!


 

No comments: