Pages

Monday, January 23, 2023

Glittery Abstract Birthday


Good morning!  Here's a fun birthday card that I created for my stash using the new Measured Geo stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I placed this Measured Geo stencil over some white cardstock and taped it down to my glass mat.  Then I pulled out several green colors of paper glaze from Picket Fence Studios and randomly applied them all over the stencil.  After I was sure that all the areas had been covered, I peeled the stencil off and washed it, and then set this panel aside to dry.  When it was completely dry, I trimmed the stenciled panel down and adhered it to a white card base, and then I added the die cut birthday sentiment (Hero Arts).

The colors of paper glaze that I used were Spanish Moss Luxe, Leaf Green Paper Glaze, Mistletoe Velvet, and Split Pea Soup Velvet.  I really had a blast just dabbing all of these colors over the stencil, and this abstract stencil is perfect for this kind of messy coloring.  I love abstract stencils like this Measured Geo.  Sometimes you just have to play and see what happens.  :-)

 Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can save 10% off this Measured Geo stencil and all of the other stencils and stamps in the store.  Check out this month's release HERE, and there's even more Valentine/love stencils to see HERE.  Have a great day!!




 

No comments: