Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Foiled Dragonfly Dreams


Good morning!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I thought I would share this fun experiment with y'all today.  I downloaded some new digital stamps from Polka Dot Orchard and I wanted to see how they would look with some gold foil.  This card is super shiny!

I printed one of the honeycomb backgrounds from the Honeycomb Backgrounds set and ran it through my Minc machine with some gold foil.  Wow!  It's so gold and shiny!  Then I printed this gorgeous bee from the Just Bee Awesome set and this sentiment from the Let Your Dreams Be Your Wings set and foiled them with the same gold foil.  This bee has some beautiful artistry on the body and the gold foil gives it a sort of steampunk-y vibe.  I fussy cut this bee and then adhered it to a die cut black hexagon with some foam tape.  I cut the sentiment in half and added black layers behind them and glued them to the background.  Then I adhered the panel to a black card base.

When you print digital stamps, as long as you print them on a laser printer with toner, you can foil these with toner foil and a Minc machine.  I've tried foiling with a laminator, but honestly, the laminator doesn't get hot enough.  Some of my earlier attempts with the laminator resulted in the foil flaking off my images.  Be sure to use toner foil or Deco-foil.  This is very different from the Spellbinders Glimmer Foil which is made for the hot foil machine.

Go check out all the great digital stamps from Polka Dot Orchard.  There are so many great sets, and the sentiments are wonderful.  If you love Winnie the Pooh, there's some great new digital stamps with Pooh and his friends.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: