Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Shine Bright Goldfish


Good morning!  Today I'm sharing another card that I created for Picket Fence Studios as their guest designer this month.  This card is really bright and shiny from the background to the sweet goldfish.  I used several different paper glazes from Picket Fence Studios to achieve all this shimmer.

To start with, I placed the new Sea Scales 6x6 stencil over some pale blue cardstock and taped it down.  Then I pulled out some Turquoise Jewelry Luxe glaze and spread a little bit here and there.  I just randomly applied it in thick clumps without spreading it flat.  Then I added some little clumps of the new Raw Kale Paper Glaze to some of the other areas.  Then I used a Mixed Media Spatula to spread both of the glazes over the stencil and fill in any empty spots.  It's really cool to see how the blue and the green glazes mixed together for a unique background.  Look at that glittery goodness!



After I peeled the stencil off, I immediately washed it in the sink along with the mixed media spatula.  I set the background panel aside to dry completely while I worked with the goldfish.  I stamped the two goldfish from the new O-fish-ally stamp set and cut them out with the matching dies.  I also stamped the sentiment from the same O-fish-ally set and cut that out with the matching die.

Next, I pulled out some Golden Rose and Marigold Orange Paper Glazes.  I put a little bit of both glazes onto my glass mat and then added a little bit water, mixing them all together with a small paintbrush.  Then I "watercolored" the goldfish with this golden orange "paint", making sure to leave the eye white.  While the goldfish were drying, I die cut some circle frames from some pale blue cardstock in three graduating sizes.  

After the background panel and the goldfish were completely dry, I glued the circle frames to the panel and then added the goldfish and the sentiment to the inside of the circles.  I adhered this panel to a white card layer and then glued this to a pale blue card.  

I hope you've enjoyed today's project.  I'll share another Picket Fence Studios creation with y'all next week.  Have a beautiful day!




 

No comments: