Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

Beyond the Blue #77 - New Year, New Stuff


Good morning!  Today's challenge over on the Beyond the Blue blog is to use something new.  We all have new crafty supplies in our stash that we haven't used yet, don't we?  And I'm pretty sure some of us got something new for Christmas, right?  Bust 'em out and play!

I just got some new Memorydex dies from Scrappy Boy (new item #1) and this was my chance to give them a try.  I used one of the stitched memorydex dies to cut some kraft cardstock.  Then I pulled out this cute squirrel die from Elizabeth Craft Designs that's been in my stash for a few months and I still hadn't taken out of the package yet (new thing #2).  I got to wondering if this would also make a cute little skunk so what do you think?  Squirrels and skunks?  The squirrel is holding an acorn or a nut of some kind, but I thought it would be fun to see if I could do a strawberry.

For the sentiment, I pulled out this Crafty Love stamp set from Ink Blot Shop.  I adore this "create JOY" sentiment, and I had not used it yet, so there's my third new thing.  I used the new MISTI (new thing #4) that my mom gave me for Christmas to stamp this onto my kraft memorydex card.  Then I glued the skunk and the strawberry onto the card and placed this into my pink Memorydex holder.

I managed to use four new things for my project today.  Yay!  I'm off to a good start for 2023!  Come play along with us and show us your new goodies!  Check out the Beyond the Blue challenge HERE to see what my fellow designers created and enter the challenge.  Happy Friday!




 

No comments: