Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Glazed Roses



Good morning!  Everyone knows that I love all the paper glazes from Picket Fence Studios, and I do have all the colors and varieties of glazes here in my studio.  I was so excited to see the new colors of glazes when Nicole asked me to be a guest designer for this month.  When I saw this gorgeous English Roses die, I wanted to see if I could color the die cut with some of the new glazes.

I cut this English Roses die and the matching shadow die from white cardstock.  I set the shadow die cut aside and placed the English Roses die on my glass mat.  Then I used a small paint brush and dipped it into the gorgeous Duckling Fuzz Velvet Glaze(a soft pale yellow color) and "painted" the roses.  Then I used another small paint brush and painted all the leaves with both the Raw Kale Paper Glaze and the Spanish Olive Paper Glaze.  These two colors are perfect for leaves and foliage!  

The leaves are fabulously shiny and the roses have that matte soft velvety feel to them.  It's so easy to paint with the paper glazes, and I love the results.  You can see the shiny leaves in this photo below.



After the painted die cut was dry, I adhered it to the white shadow and then glued that to a pale yellow card panel.  After I glued this panel down to a brown card base, I decided to cut some butterflies from the same brown cardstock.  The butterflies are from the Flaunt Butterfly Die set, the Flit Butterfly Die set, and the Wander Butterfly die set.  I also cut out the "dream" from the Wander Butterfly Die set.  To finish off the card, I added some clear and yellow sequins from the new Fish Food Sequin Mix.

I hope this card inspires you to pull out your paper glazes and play with them.  You don't always have to spread them through a stencil.  You can paint with them, you can mix colors together, you can cover some scrap papers with it and use it for die cut sentiments, and you can thin the glazes down with water and use them to splatter drops on your cards.  Enjoy your day!


 

No comments: