Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

If You Believe

 


Good morning!  Today I'm sharing one of the cards that I created for one of this week's Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  This is a fun week of challenges for everyone to play in so go check them out HERE.  

For Kim's challenge, we are to incorporate metallic things on our card.  This can be anything such as metallic embossing powder, metal brads or clips, or foiling with metallic foils.  I decided to try a couple of different mediums.  

I started by pulling out this gorgeous Gothic Swirl stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This is a very intricate stencil, so I thought it might be easier to use it with a gel press plate.  After I placed this stencil on my gel press, I dabbed some metallic Pan Pastels all over the gel press.  I carefully lifted up the stencil, brayered some black paint over the gel press, and pulled the print.  Then I set this aside to dry completely before I moved on with my card.

The sentiment from Visible Image is stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used that same gold powder on the cardstock layer behind the stenciled print.  This is my little cheat for when I want some metallic cardstock that matches my embossed images/sentiments.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, if you'd like to shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order so have fun!

No comments: