Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Best Friend - Two Ways


I love this stamp from Technique Junkies called A Best Friend.  This is a single stamp so the flower and the sentiment are together as one stamp.  I inked this up with a permanent black ink and stamped it on white cardstock and let it dry.  Then I colored the flowers with Copic markers and brushed the edges of the white cardstock with some soft brown ink.  

If you wanted to try something different, mask off the words and stamp the flower by itself.  Then clean the stamp, mask off the flower, and stamp the words over the previously stamped flower.  That's what I did on this blue floral card below.  


If you're really brave, you could cut the two images apart, but I'm not that brave.  LOL!  By masking off one side or the other, I can retain the original stamp but have the flexibility to just stamp the flowers  or the sentiment.  I think I might need to buy another A Best Friend stamp just so I can cut it apart.  :-)

Please feel free to use this code, TJ10Holly, to save when you shop at Technique Junkies.  Be sure to check out all the gorgeous Shimmering Bliss sprays, the Catherine Pooler ink pads, and the huge selection of stencils along with the fabulous Technique Junkies stamps.  Happy shopping!





 

No comments: