Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

Happy Bee-day!


Good morning!  I hope you had a nice weekend.  It's hot and dry here, and the weatherman just said this is the hottest July on record.  We beat the 2011 average July temperature by a whole degree (was 102.8, this year is 103.8).  All the more reason to stay inside with the a/c and make cards!

I had so much fun making this shaker card.  Last month, A Colorful Life Designs collaborated with Doodles Paper Playground and they sent us some sequins to play with.  I had a little bit left over from one of the packages, and I used that on this card.  

I started by placing the awesome Striped Hexagon stencil from A Colorful Life Designs onto some honey-colored cardstock.  I used a darker honey ink to brush some color through the stencil, and then I used a hexagon die to cut out a small hole.  I added a piece of acetate on the back of the stenciled piece and then added foam tape all around the hexagon hole.  I carefully sprinkled some of the Bee-You-Tiful Sparkle Blends into the shaker area and then adhered this to a white card base.  The cute little bee and the sentiment were stamped, cut, colored, and glued to the front of the card.  I used some of the same sequins and glued them around the front of the card.  You can see the adorable little clay bee next to the sentiment.   (BTW - I just saw that this sparkle blend is 40% off right now!!!)

If you'd like to save some money on stencils, please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can find this Striped Hexagon stencil as well as hundreds of other great stencils in the store.  Happy Monday!




 

No comments: