Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

Golden Orange Sunset - Beyond the Blue #30


Today's Beyond the Blue challenge #30 is to show off your watercoloring.  You can watercolor anything - a background, a stamped image, freeform, die cuts, ribbon, canvas, whatever.  I taped some watercolor paper to the back of a clipboard and did some loose watercoloring with some yellow and orange and red watercolor paints that were leftover in my paint palette.  After that was completely dry, I used a rectangle die to cut out a piece of this gorgeous sunset background.  I stamped over this with a Penny Black stamp called Peaceful Moment.

Confession time - despite 5 attempts at inking and stamping this image with my MISTI, the rough nature of my watercolor paper left the image all mottled and blotchy.  So I took a Sharpie marker and filled in all the black silhouette areas.  I couldn't just toss this gorgeous sunset background into the trash, so I'm really glad I was able to salvage this piece!  :-)

Pull out your watercolors and share your creations with us on the Beyond the Blue blog.  Don't have watercolors?  Don't stress.  Use your ink pads by smooshing then onto an acrylic block and pick up color with a wet brush.  If you have color sprays, use a few drops of that in your palette.  If you have some acrylic paint, simply thin it down with some water and paint away.  Just have fun!


 

1 comment:

maryhansenrn said...

It's beautiful Holly! I'm glad you gave it the extra love.