Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

How Wild Is Nature


Good morning, friends!  Today I am sharing another scenic landscape using new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.  I'm completely head over heels in love with all the new scenic stencils this month.  On this card today, I used three of these new stencils - Canyon Edger 1, Canyon Edger 2, and Tree Line Edger 5.  

I started by placing the top half of Canyon Edger 1 stencil onto my white cardstock.  I then brushed on some soft brown ink by starting on the stencil and moving the brush down onto the paper.  I let the color fade naturally where my brush stroke ended.  I then placed Canyon Edger 2 over where I inked the brown areas and brushed some rust ink in the same downward motion.  Lastly, I placed the Tree Line Edger 5 stencil below the rust-colored areas and brushed some dark blue ink all across the bottom.  I used this same dark blue ink to stamp the sentiment from Stampscapes at the top.

As you play with these stencils, you will get a feel for how much ink you want to put down and how many scenic layers you want to add.  It's a very fun process to mix and match and see what happens.  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% off your entire order.  I can't wait to see what you create with these new stencils!


 

No comments: