Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Beyond the Blue #28 - Happy Fall Y'all


Good morning, friends!  This week's Beyond the Blue challenge is to use those ribbons, twines, and fibers that we all have in our craft stash.  I used some ribbon as well as a little bit of twine (it's on the top of the acorn) on my card today.

Here's how this particular card came about.  My mom has been cleaning out her craft room and she's been giving me all her old stamping stuff.  I was going through a small box of dies that she gave me, and one of them was this adorable acorn die from Lil Inker Designs.  I really wanted to play with it, so I designed this whole card around that acorn.  I used my Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp from Concord and 9th as well as the Fall stamps and dies from Honey Bee Stamps.  

The colors were chosen simply because they were sitting on my stamping table.  I used Baked Brown Sugar, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, and Razzleberry inks (Stampin Up) with some kraft, cream, and Razzleberry papers.  I die cut the acorn from kraft cardstock and then pressed the bottom piece into the Razzleberry ink and the top piece into the Baked Brown Sugar ink.  They almost look like velvet, don't they?  I tied the tiny little leaf to the acorn with the twine and I added the strip of Razzleberry ribbon behind the sentiment.

Come play along with us and use up some of that ribbon and twine.  You can share your creations by adding your link to the linky tool on the Beyond the Blue blog.  Happy Friday!


 

No comments: