Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Cactus and Canyons


On today's card, I played around with a couple of new scenic stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.  I started with some white cardstock and I placed the Desert Edger 2 stencil down near the bottom.  I randomly added different green and yellow Pan Pastels to the cactus and the surrounding grassy areas.  Then I placed the opposite stencil (the mask) of Desert Edger 2 over the cactus and carefully taped it in place.  I laid the Canyon Edger 1 stencil over the top of the cactus and used more Pan Pastels to color in the canyon areas.  I applied horizontal strokes of color because that's what you see when you look at desert landscapes - those bands of color.  I'm so happy this turned out like I saw it in my head!

To complete the card, I carefully removed the Canyon Edger 1 stencil and placed the opposite stencil (the mask) over the colored canyons.  I left the cactus mask in place and made sure both masks were taped down.  Then I applied some blue and gray Pan Pastels to the top of the card for the sky.  After I carefully removed the masks, I sealed this with some workable fixative.  This card came together in about 10 minutes or so.  The longest parts of making this card was arranging and taping down the masks.  

I have not added a sentiment just yet because I'm not sure if this will be a birthday card or a thinking of you card.  Quite honestly, I'm just having so much fun playing with these new scenic stencils, I'm not sure I can part with any of these cards!  :-)  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can pick up these scenic stencils as well as hundreds of others for all your paper crafting creations.



 

No comments: