Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Beyond the Blue #27 - Gesso Resist Birthday


 Good morning, friends!  There is a fun new challenge up on the Beyond the Blue blog today and this is the card that I created for it.  The challenge for this week is any kind of resist technique.  I decided to try something new - gesso resist.  

I placed the Tic Tac Toe Mask stencil from A Colorful Life Designs down on my white cardstock and brushed some white gesso over it.  After the gesso dried, I sponged on some blue, teal, and green inks.  The gesso squares don't really give off that bright white like you see with emboss resist.  It's a softer, grungier kind of resist.  It's perfect for a masculine card like this one.  Now I have a fun and easy way to make some quick cards for the men in my life!

If you'd like to get this Tic Tac Toe Mask stencil, please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, so you can save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can also pick up the new scenic stencils that I've been sharing with y'all this week.  :-)

The balloon die that I used is from Frantic Stamper and the Birthday Dies are from Concord and 9th.  Wanna play along with our resist technique challenge?  Head on over to the Beyond the Blue blog and share your creations in the linky widget.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: