Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Metallic Mountains


Have you seen the new scenic stencils from A Colorful Life Designs?  They are so wonderful and so easy to work with.  Another bit of news is that A Colorful Life Designs just released their first stamp set!  I used one of the stamps on this card today along with two of the new Mountain Edger stencils.

I decided to try something different with these scenic stencils.  I started with some black cardstock and I placed the Mountain Edger 1 stencil down in the middle.  I used a special sponge to apply some gold Pan Pastels to the black paper following the edge of the Mountain Edger 1 stencil.  I removed this stencil and placed the Mountain Edger 2 stencil down just below the previously colored mountain.  I applied some bronze Pan Pastels to the paper by following the edge of the Mountain Edger 2 stencil.  Because of the chalky nature of the Pan Pastels, I sealed the scene with some workable fixative.  

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment from the new Altitude set with Versamark and covered it with gold embossing powder.  After I melted the powder, I used a gold paint pen to add the stars.  I wanted to stick to the metallic theme of this card, so my artistic license extends to creating gold stars.  :-)

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will find hundreds of wonderful stencils in the store as well as the very first new stamp set.  If you are finding it hard to decide which scenic stencils to pick, just use the new Master Creator Bundle button to select all of them.  It's a fantastic bargain!


 

No comments: