Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Textured Fall Hugs - DTGD2021


Good morning, friends!  I'm back with another card I created for one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  Today is the second day of DTGD, and there's seven new challenges posted this morning for y'all.  I made this card for Misti's challenge (Scraperwannabe), and I had so much fun with this one.

I can't tell you what the actual challenge is, but I can tell you what I did to create this card.  I started with the Skeleton Leaf stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and I placed it onto some white cardstock.  I taped off the edges so I wouldn't smear anything on the card past the stencil.  Then I spread some Paper Glaze (Picket Fence Studios) over this stencil.  I used one of their new ombre sets called Pumpkin Spices - a fun autumnal mixture of greenish brown, orange-red, and a creamy yellow.  I took the stencil off and let the leaf glaze dry completely.  Then I put the stencil back over the leaf and taped over the entire stencil so the only part showing was the rest of the paper beyond the stencil.  

I wanted to try something new for the "background" beyond the leaf, so I dotted some gold Paper Glaze all around the leaf.  Then I spread some brown Paper Glaze next to the gold glaze.  After I spread the two glazes to cover the paper, I smacked the wet glazes with my palette knife.  Yup, smacked!  I just pressed the knife onto the glazes and lifted straight up - very quickly and randomly.  Smack smack smack!  This created the most awesome texture!  I love it!!!

I carefully peeled the stencil off the paper and let the whole piece dry completely.  Then I sprayed the entire piece with some gold Perfect Pearls Mist (Ranger) and let that dry.  The mica spray settled into the nooks and crannies of this card, making this card super shimmery.  I couldn't bear to cover anything up, so I added the fall sentiment (Honey Bee Stamps) right on top of the leaf.

I hope you'll play along with the Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  There's still five more days of challenges ahead and lots of inspiration for you.  

Use code HollyFan10 when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can pick up this Skeleton Leaf stencil as well as the new scenic stencils that were just released last week.  Have fun!

No comments: