Pages

Monday, April 22, 2024

Winter Blessings Ice Skates and Sled


Good morning!  It is cold here this morning thanks to a cold front that blew in this weekend.  We've gone from almost 90 degrees down to 50, so I'm enjoying the cooler temps while I can.  It will be a long hot summer before you know it!

There is a Spring into Christmas linky party going on this week over on the BYSHC blog, and I put this card together last night.  It's more wintery than Christmas, which is fine for this linky party.  All the entries must be Christmas, wintery, Yuletide, or Hanukkah themed.  I started by placing the Sparkles stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save) over some blue cardstock and I spread some icy silver paste over the panel.  While the paste was drying, I die cut the sled and the ice skates (Spellbinders) and glued those together.  I also die cut the tiny snowflakes (Taylored Expressions) and stamped and cut the sentiment (Hero Arts).  After I assembled the sled, I glued the ice skates on top and added the tiny snowflakes and the sentiment.  I affixed the sled to the stenciled background with foam tape and then glued this panel to a white card base.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% (excluding Master Creator Bundles) when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  They have awesome stencils as well as stamps and Card Bling.  Check out the Christmas category for hundreds of fabulous stencils for your winter and holiday cards.  I hope I've inspired you to create a card and play in the Spring into Christmas Linky Party this week.  Happy Monday!



 

6 comments:

Von Marie said...

I love this card so much!!! Fabulous my friend!!! Thank you for linking it to the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Awww... such a cute card, Holly! I love the sled and skates and the background is awesome! Thanks for playing along with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

corysnana said...

Great combination of die cuts with your stencil, Holly!

Jacinda said...

Beautiful card! Love the skates with the sled!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty card. Love the stenciled BG (it's sooo perfect!) and the pretty skates w/sled.

Wilma DeG said...

Great card!