Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Leafy Birthday Stripes


Good morning!  Today's card is a great neutral card that I can send to anyone for their birthday.  I pulled out some soft sage green cardstock and placed the Broad Swashes stencil from A Colorful Life Designs on top.  I brushed on some medium green ink and then removed the stencil.  After I glued this stenciled panel to a forest green card base, I cut the leafy frame (Taylored Expressions) from another piece  of forest green cardstock.  I also cut some vellum to the same size and adhered it behind the leafy frame.  The sentiment (Ink Blot Shop) was stamped with forest green ink onto a small scrap of sage green cardstock, trimmed down, and adhered to the vellum.  I carefully added some liquid glue to just the back of the frame and some of the leaves and placed it onto the stenciled panel.

That contrast of the straight lines with the rounded leaves is so fun!  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles) at A Colorful Life Designs.  The April release has some amazing geometric stencils which are great for making quick backgrounds for your cards.  Have fun shopping and have a great day!




 

No comments: