Pages

Friday, April 19, 2024

Crackled Trees Holiday Wishes


Good morning!  I'm playing along in the Spring into Christmas challenge over on the BYSH Cardmakers blog, and this is my first entry for this fun week of Christmas cards.  I did something a little bit different today.  I recently bought some crackle paste and I wanted to see what it was like, so I spread it over the Forest of Trees stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save) onto some watercolor paper.  After the stenciled panel was completely dry, I sprayed several different colors of Distress Ink spray over the entire panel and set it aside to dry.  The green spray settled into the cracks in the trees - so cool!!  I added a little extra variation to my background by splattering some white paint over it.  The watercolor paper really soaked up most of the white paint, but you can see it here and there.

I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) with brown ink and added a small deer (Hero Arts) that I stamped and die cut.  I also used a glittery red gel pen to add a tiny little dot to the deer's nose - so cute!  After I die cut the sentiment into a snowbank shape, I glued it to the bottom of my green panel and added the deer on the far right side.  The green panel was adhered to a white mat and then glued to a brown card base.

If you'd like to join the Spring into Christmas challenge, just make a Christmas card (or winter, Hanukkah, Yuletide...) and enter it into the linky party.  I can't wait to see all the fun holiday cards this week!!




 

9 comments:

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Adorably sweet card, Holly! I love the crinkle to the trees... so fun!

Von Marie said...

I loove your card my friend!!!! Thank you for linking your card to the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party

Wilma DeG said...

Great card... I love it!

Jacinda said...

Cute card! I love the texture of the crackle paste on your background!

Becca Yahrling said...

The crackled trees are so awesome & so interesting. Cute card.

Suzanne H said...

What a great idea for the crackle paint. They really look like snow covered trees. Lovely card!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful little scene...

corysnana said...

I have never used crackle paste - your fun card is tempting me to run out and get some!! Love the look!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome background for your wonderful deer!! Fabulous holiday design, Holly!!