Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Tribal Baskets


Good morning!  How about a wild tribal card today??  I had a lot of fun creating this card.  It's waaaaay outside my normal style, so I just went with the flow and came up with this.

I started by placing the new Wild Tribal stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save) over some mustard-y yellow cardstock.  I blended some rusty orange ink and some brown ink over the stencil , and then I blended a little bit of the orange zigzag pattern onto one of the baskets which was already stamped and die cut.  I cut some wild grasses and glued those to the back of the baskets.  The sentiment was embossed with copper powder and trimmed to fit onto the card before I added the baskets to the left side.

You don't have to use the stencils just to create backgrounds.  You can use them on your die cuts like I did here.  It's a fun way to tie a background and a side element together.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order, excluding bundles, so check out all the great new stencils for July HERE.  There are also some great stamp sets HERE.  If you are looking to get started on your holiday stamping, you can find all the Christmas stencils HERE.  Have a great day!


 

No comments: