Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Birthday Postage Flowers in Brown


Good morning, y'all!  I was in the mood for some florals, but I wanted to see how it would look in shades of brown.  Here in Texas, it's so hot and so dry that everything is turning brown.  It seems only fitting that I should make a monochromatic brown card, right?

I started by placing the mask from the 4.5" stencil of the Marvelous Masks Postage Stamp set from A Colorful Life Designs down onto some white cardstock.  I sponged a dark brown ink all around the edges of the mask, and then I carefully lifted the mask up.  See how the inside is still white?  That's the purpose of the mask.

I stamped and die cut some flowers with brown, kraft, and beige inks.  I used those same inks to stamp the sentiment and the postage on the stenciled panel.  After I arranged the flowers and glued them down, I added some enamel dots and adhered the panel to a white card base.

Please use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can find the Marvelous Masks Postage Stamp sets HERE, and all the great July stencils are HERE.  I hope you have a wonderful day!


 

No comments: