Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Amazing Landscape Arches


Good morning!  I'm back with a pretty landscape scene that I created with stencils and a stamp from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save).  That brick arch framing the landscape is a brand new stencil called Layered Arches and it comes with a matching mask so you can cover up the brick arch and create any kind of scene or background underneath the arches.

I couldn't resist pulling out all my landscape stencils and testing out the Layered Arches mask.  I started by placing the actual brick arches stencil down first and sponging on some brown/gray ink.  Then I removed the Layered Arches stencil and I placed the mask over the brick arches and taped it down.  I used the following stencils to create the mountains and tree lines in the distance (from top to bottom):


To complete the landscape scene, I brushed some soft blue ink across the top of the mountain and then I brushed some purple ink above the blue sky on up to the edge of the brick arches.  I carefully removed all the stencils and masks and let the inks dry completely.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the new Amazing stamp set with a black pigment ink, covered it with clear embossing powder, and melted it with a heat tool.  I trimmed the edges just slightly and then adhered this panel to a white card base.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% (excluding bundles) off your entire order, so check out all the great new stencils HERE.  There are a bunch of great landscape stencils HERE and the new stamp set can be found HERE.  Come on back tomorrow to see a distressed floral card that I created with this Amazing stamp.  Have a great day!


 

No comments: