Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Golden Buzz


I love this gorgeous new bee stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  It's called Layered Bee and there are two sections - the big solid bee and then the wings and stripes for the body.  The background of this card was created with the awesome new Honeycomb Mask stencil.

I started with a piece of honey cardstock cut to 4.25" x 11, and then folded it in half to make a top-folding card.  Then I placed the new Honeycomb Mask over the top of the card and brushed some honey ink all over it.  Then I placed the new Layered Bee stencil over my honeycomb and brushed some black ink over the solid bee area and set this aside to let it dry completely.

For the golden wings and stripes, I pulled out some Golden Sparkle Paper Glitz from Picket Fence Studios and stirred it up.  I carefully arranged the Layered Bee stencil so that the wings and the stripes were in the right areas and then applied some of the gold paper glitz.  While that was drying, I stamped and die cut the sentiment (from The Greetery) and adhered it to the card.

Don't you just love that bright gold on the bee?  These two stencils - Layered Bee and Honeycomb Mask - are so perfect together.  If you'd like to grab these from A Colorful Life Designs, be sure to use this code, HollyFan10, so you can save 10% off your order.  Come on back on Thursday to see another card I've made with these two stencils.  Have a great day!


 

No comments: