Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Blingy Holidays - BTB#67


This week's Beyond the Blue challenge is all about the bling, specifically both glitter and sequins.  I was inspired by this awesome video by Marion Emberson where she used glue and chunky glitter and sequins in the center of her card.  I have a ton of Stickles, so I decided to try that for the glitter base.  I spread a thick layer of Silver Ice Stickles in the middle and then used the nozzle to drag some of the wet medium out from the center.  I love those glittery streaks on the top and bottom.  While the glitter glue was still wet, I added sequins, pearls, some clear snowflakes, iridescent gems, and some clear diamonds.  

While that was drying, I embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder and trimmed it down.  After the base was dry, I very lightly brushed some brown ink around the edges of the watercolor paper and then affixed the sentiment with foam tape.  I love the look of this card!

Come play along with us over on the Beyond the Blue blog.  We'd love to see what you create!

1 comment:

luvhymns said...

That is stunning beyond words. I love it!