Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Fall Sunflower Pumpkin




Good morning!  There is a brand new stencil release over at A Colorful Life Designs today, and this month is all about fabulous fall designs.  I fell in love with this new Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil as soon as I saw it, and this is the very first card I created with this stencil.  It's one stencil but the pumpkin is separate from the sunflower petals and the leaves.  That is what makes this a layering stencil - you color the pumpkin first, then reposition the stencil so that the flower petals fit into the side of the pumpkin and color those, and then you reposition the stencil again to color in the leaves, the pumpkin stem, and the center of the flowers.  It's really quick and easy and I whipped out three cards in no time with this stencil.

The new Pumpkin Latte stencil has the "It's Fall Y'all" sentiment on there and I knew that would be perfect with this pumpkin and sunflowers.  To give this card a bit of depth, I brushed some of the dark brown ink all around the edges, creating a vignette.  Then I used a distress tool to rough up all the edges before I adhered this stenciled kraft panel to a dark brown card base.  For a sweet little rustic touch, I added a linen twine bow to the pumpkin.

Check out all the fabulous new September stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  Be sure to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles).  There are two Master Creator Bundles this month - one with all the FALL stencils and one with all the SPOOKY stencils.  You can get one or the other or both at a great savings.  The new Card Bling is also on sale but only until September 7, and you can use the code HollyFan10 to save an extra 10% off!  Come on back tomorrow to see a fun card I made with five of the new colors of Card Bling!    Happy Shopping!!












 

No comments: