Pages

Monday, September 9, 2024

Blue Pumpkin Hello


Good morning!  We have a rare cool front that blew in this weekend and it actually feels cool and crisp this morning!  I love it!  I thought I'd "celebrate" this fall weather with a sweet little blue pumpkin card.

I began this card by placing the new Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil from A Colorful Life Designs onto some white cardstock.  There are three sections on this stencil - the pumpkin, the flower petals, and the leaves/flower centers/pumpkin stem.  I arranged the stencil so that the pumpkin was near the bottom left of my white paper, and then I brushed on a pale blue ink, applying more heavily at the bottom and the top of the pumpkin.  Then I rearranged the stencil so that the flower petals were nestled in next to the blue pumpkin and brushed on some yellow ink.  I moved the stencil again to fit the leaves and pumpkin stem in place and brushed on some brown ink for the stem and flower centers, and then some green ink for the leaves.

After a little squeal of delight at how pretty this turned out, I carefully cut around the leaf at the bottom and then trimmed the stenciled panel so that it fit inside the glittered scallop frame.  I love that little leaf draped over the frame!  I glued this framed pumpkin to a dark brown card base and added a die cut sentiment inside the frame just above the pumpkin.

This Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil is a gorgeous stencil and I've had so much fun playing with it.  I'll have another card to share with y'all on Thursday.  If you'd like to go shopping at A Colorful Life Designs, please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles).  Don't forget to stock up on some more colors of Card Bling and check out all the fabulous fall stencils in this release.  Have a wonderful day!





 

No comments: