Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Pumpkin Spice Sunflower Pumpkin


Good morning!  I love this new Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  It's such a perfect representation of fall, and I could really use some of that colorful fall foliage right now.

I placed the Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil so that the pumpkin was at the bottom left of my white cardstock.  I very lightly brushed some Spiced Cider ink from Concord & 9th over the pumpkin, and then I went back and added more color to the center top and the bottom edges.  I repositioned the stencil to nestle the sunflower petals into the side of the pumpkin and I brushed some Sunflower ink over those.  I moved the stencil again and colored the flower centers and the pumpkin stem with Nutmeg ink and brushed some Grasshopper ink over the leaves.

For the sentiment, I pulled out the Pumpkin Latte stencil, placed it just above the stenciled pumpkin, and sponged some Spiced Cider ink over that.  I went back over the letters with a white Posca pen and added some white circles to all the p's, the e's, the a, the d, and the g.  After this white paint dried, I used a wet paintbrush dipped into some Nutmeg ink and flicked it over the whole panel.  I wanted that essence of pumpkin spice on my card.

I think I might have to hang this card up so I can see it this weekend.  We're expecting temperatures of 100 degrees F which is NOT very fall-like, so I need some little reminders that fall will be here and stay here soon.  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order, excluding Master Creator Bundles, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  The September release has some wonderful fall stencils as well as Halloween stencils, and the Card Bling is a must-have every month!  The HollyFan10 code is good on all the stencils, stamps, and Card Bling, so go ahead and fill up your cart.  Happy shopping!


No comments: