Pages

Monday, September 16, 2024

Vintage Holly Nosegay Greetings


Good morning!  Today I have a vintage version of a card with the new Holly Nosegay stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This stencil is the Mid Month Motivation stencil, which means this Holly Nosegay is on sale for only $4 until September 22.  This is such a great deal and a great stencil!  You can also use this code, HollyFan10, to save an extra 10% off this Holly Nosegay stencil, as well as everything else in your cart (except Master Creator Bundles).  It's a great time to stock up on all those stencils on your wish list as well as the stamps and the awesome Card Bling.

To create this card, I started by stamping a white panel with a very old background stamp in a pale green color.  I placed the Holly Nosegay stencil so that the leaves were in the upper right corner and I brushed some darker green ink over those leaves.  I repositioned the stencil to get the berries in the center of the leaves and brushed red ink over that.  I picked up the stencil and repositioned it to have the swirls in between the leaves and I spread some glittery gold paste over those swirls.  I set this aside to dry and die cut the sentiment from red cardstock and the shadow from gold glitter cardstock.  

After the stenciled panel was completely dry, I brushed some darker green and brown inks all around the edges for that vintage vibe.  While I had that brown ink out, I smooshed it onto my glass mat, added a little water, and dipped a brush into this watered down brown liquid and flicked it over my panel.  I also dipped my brush into some liquid gold watercolor and splattered that over my panel.  Lastly, I adhered the die cut sentiment and glued this panel to a white card base.

I love the vintage look of this card.  I hope you've enjoyed it as well, and don't forget to grab this gorgeous stencil while it's on sale.  Have a wonderful day!




 

No comments: