Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Near the Sea Whale


Good morning!  Today's card is all about the sea, which is perfect since it's so hot and summer-y even though it's not officially summer yet.  I got some new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs and I wanted to see if I could create a little oceanside scene.

I began by blending some soft blue ink over a white cardstock panel, and then I masked off the top third with some sticky notes.  I brushed a darker blue ink all over the bottom third of the panel, and then I placed the Dotted Waves stencil over that and brushed a slightly darker blue ink over the stencil.  After I removed the Dotted Waves stencil, I removed the sticky notes.  Then.I placed the Whales Swimming stencil over the panel and brushed some dark gray ink over just one of the whales.  To complete this scene, I stamped the sentiment (Technique Junkies) with dark gray ink and then drew in some birds with a pencil.  After I did a little happy dance over this fun scene, I adhered this stenciled panel to some dark gray cardstock and then glued them to a white card base.

You can use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire cart (excluding Master Creator Bundles) at A Colorful Life Designs.  Check out the June release - you'll find a lot of great summer-themed stencils there.  The Dotted Waves and the Whales Swimming stencils are just two of many awesome scene-building stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  Happy shopping!!


 

No comments: