Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Mermazing Bling Shaker Card


Good morning!  Today's card is full of sparkle and shine.  A Colorful Life Designs has a fabulous new release with summer-themed stencils and stunning new colors of Card Bling.  I've used NINE of those new colors of bling on this shaker card today.

I started by placing the new Dotted Waves stencil over some light blue cardstock.  I brushed a slightly darker blue ink over the whole panel and then I stamped the mermaid with teal blue ink.  I also stamped the sentiment with the teal blue ink and set it aside.  Some double-sided adhesive was applied to the back of the mermaid panel and I wrapped some clear plastic packaging around the front of panel.  This clear plastic was adhered to the back on three sides, leaving one end open so I could pour some of the Card Bling into the front where the mermaid is.  I initially started with just the three blue colors of bling (seen at the top in the picture), but I was having so much fun, I just kept adding more and more and more of the various colors.  Below are the colors I used:

Crystal Iris Skyline
Crystal Opaque Oceanside
Crystal Opaque Poseidon
Crystal Iris Bubblegum
Crystal Iris Fandango Pink
Crystal Iris Aurora Borealis
Crystal Opaque Jade Isle
Iridescent Orange
Crystal Opaque Red Hot

Once I finally determined there was enough Card Bling (haha), I taped the fourth end closed on the back and glued this panel to a white card base.  I cut the sentiment apart and glued it on top of the shaker card above the mermaid.  There is a special someone that I plan to mail this card to, and I know she's going to have fun shaking this up.

Take a good look at that Crystal Iris Aurora Borealis Card Bling (lower right side in picture above).  It is STUNNING.  I love it so much, I ordered 6 more bags of this.  If you love the Card Bling as much as I do, this Full Set Syndrome Special is for you.  You can get all 12 of the new June 2024 colors at 20% off, AND you can get an additional 10% off when you use my code, HollyFan10, at checkout.  This code will also give you 10% off any of the stamps, stencils, and other Card Bling in your cart.  But this Full Set Syndrome Special is only good until June 7, so don't delay.  Have a great day!




 

No comments: