Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Wooden Arch Door


Good morning, y'all!  Today's card is open to interpretation.  Some might see this as the door to a fairy house, others might see it as an old-fashioned European door on a castle wall.  I was just having fun in the moment envisioning this grand door and a brick wall with a simple message of "hello" on the door.

To create this, I started by sponging some deep burgundy red ink over the Brick Wall stencil onto a gray card.  Then I pulled out some kraft cardstock and I placed the 4.5" Marvelous Masks Grand Arch stencil over it and taped it down.  Then I placed the new Screen Door stencil over the Grand Arch and taped that down.  I carefully sponged some dark brown ink over both stencils, removed the stencils, and then fussy cut the door.  After I added some brass hardware, I adhered the door to the brick wall card with foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped and trimmed and adhered to the door, and then I die cut some foliage to place on the sides of the door.

All of the stencils that I used on this card are from A Colorful Life Designs.  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop for stencils and you will save 10% off your entire order (excluding bundles).  I hope you have a wonderful week!




 

No comments: