Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Sunny Pink Flower


Good morning!  Did you see the great new August stencil release at A Colorful Life Designs yesterday??  I love all the stencils in this release!

For today's card, I used the new Sunflowerly stencil two different ways.  First, I die cut this flower from Brutus Monroe and then I placed the Sunflowerly stencil over the flower, making sure to line up the centers together.  I brushed some dark pink ink over the stencil, removed the stencil, and then brushed a lighter pink ink all over the sunflower.  I added the die cut sentiment to a white circle and glued it to the center of the stenciled flower.

After I cleaned off the Sunflowerly stencil, I placed it over a piece of white cardstock and ran it through my die cut machine with a tan embossing mat.  I dry embossed the stencil so you can see the raised areas in the background.  Check out this picture below:


Isn't that cool?  You can dry emboss with your stencils!  I rotated the stenciled flower so the dark pink dots matched up with the embossed areas on the white panel, and then I glued this panel down to a dark pink card base.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order, excluding bundles, so go ahead and put this Sunflowerly stencil in your cart.  Check out all the great new August stencils HERE and have fun shopping!  Come back tomorrow and I will show you a glittery card using this same Sunflowerly stencil.


 

No comments: