Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Vintage Nautilus


I love the new Nautilus stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  You might remember that I used it a few days ago on a blue and yellow card that showed half of the shell on the left side.  For today's card, I placed the Nautilus stencil smack dab in the center so you can see as much of this as possible.  Isn't that a gorgeous stencil?

For this card, I started by smooshing some mustard distress ink onto my glass mat.  I misted it with some water and then dipped some watercolor paper into the ink.  After this paper dried, I placed the Nautilus stencil on the paper and brushed some marmalade distress ink all over.  I varied the intensity of the orange ink, a little more here, a little less there.  I removed the stencil and brushed some brown distress ink around the edges to give this a vintage feel.  I also flicked some brown distress ink all over the stenciled paper.  The sentiment was stamped on vellum and then I tore the edges and adhered it to the card.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order, so you can grab this gorgeous Nautilus stencil as well as all the other stencils on your wish list.  Happy Shopping!


FYI - the sentiment is from Technique Junkies.  You will find it in the By the Sea set HERE.  You can save 10% at Technique Junkies with this code, TJ10Holly.  :-)



 

No comments: