Pages

Monday, June 6, 2022

Bee-utiful Shaker Card

 


Good morning!  I just had to pop in and share this fun shaker card with you today.  I started this card by brushing some yellow ink over the Hexy stencil from A Colorful Life Designs onto some yellow paper.  Then I used some hexagon dies to cut out three different areas for the shaker bits.  

We are collaborating with Doodles Paper Playground this month to show off their wonderful sequins and sparkles collections.  Doodles Paper Playground makes some really great sequin and sparkle mixes that are perfect for shaker cards.  As you can see in my card above, I used the gorgeous Bee-You-Tiful Sparkle Blends for the shaker bits.  There's some tiny little honeycombs and bees along with the sequins and flowers in this great mix.  You can check out all their great products HERE.



After I cut out the hexagon areas, I glued down some clear acetate to the back of the stenciled piece.  I applied foam tape around each of the three hexagons and then sprinkled in some of the Bee-You-Tiful Sparkle Blends into each opening.  Then I carefully removed the liner from the foam tape and adhered this piece to a white card base.  The stamped sentiment and the cute bumblebee are from Hero Arts.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% on your entire order, so grab this Hexy stencil as well as any of the great new releases you can see HERE.  Come on back tomorrow to see what I created with the new Overall Shells stencil.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments: