Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Good Friends on Shells


Hi again!  I'm back with this clean and simple card featuring the new Overall Shells stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I did something a little bit different for the background on this card, so let me walk you through that process.

First, I cut some watercolor paper to an A2 size (5.5"x4.25").  I always cut my background pieces bigger than I need them and then cut them down to fit my card later.  I smooshed some yellow and pink inks onto my glass mat, spritzed them with water, and then smooshed the watercolor paper into the inks.  I set this aside to dry, and I cleaned up the glass mat.  When the paper was completely dry, I placed the Overall Shells stencil over the yellow and pink panel. Using some blender brushes, I brushed the same colors of yellow and pink inks through the stencil, trying to match up the colors to what was already on the watercolor panel.  In other words, I brushed yellow ink over the areas at the top where the background was already yellow, and then I repeated the same thing at the bottom for the pink ink.

This is a fun way to use a stencil when you don't want a harsh white area where the stencil covers the paper.  Instead, there is a soft hint of color "behind" the stenciled areas.  I kept this card simple by stamping the large sentiment with black ink and then I added a few rhinestones.  

You can use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs and you'll save 10% off your entire order.  Check out all the new June release stencils HERE and have fun browsing through all the different categories by clicking on the CATEGORIES pull down menu (it has a down arrow next to it) on this page.

 

No comments: