Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Lily on Alcohol Inks


Good morning!  Today's card is the result of a fun experiment.  I had been playing around with some alcohol inks and there was quite a bit of leftover ink on my glass mat.  I didn't want to waste all that gorgeous color so I squirted some rubbing alcohol over the partially dry inks and smooshed some white cardstock into the inky mess.  After my panel was saturated with color, I set it aside to dry.  At this point, I still had some alcohol inks left on my glass mat, so I grabbed another sheet of white cardstock and smooshed it to pick up the remaining ink.  I'll share that card with y'all on Monday.

After my first panel was completely dry, I placed the new Arum Lily stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over that and taped it down.  Then I applied some white pigment ink over the whole stencil, removed the stencil, and covered the cardstock panel with some white pearl embossing powder.  I shook off the excess powder and melted it with a heat tool.  While this was cooling off, I stamped and die cut the sentiment.  The stenciled panel was trimmed down and adhered to a white card base and then I glued the sentiment to the side of the stenciled & embossed lily.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your order (excluding bundles) at A Colorful Life Designs.  This Arum Lily stencil is beautiful and it's the perfect size to fill an A2 card.  Check out all the great February release stencils and have fun shopping!  Happy Thursday!
 



 

No comments: