Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Bees in the Trellis


Good morning!  Today I have a "buzzy" card to share with you.  I combined two of the newest stencils from A Colorful Life Designs and this completely changes the look of both stencils.

I started by placing the Clover Trellis stencil down onto some white cardstock.  I brushed some blue ink over the whole piece and then removed the stencil.  Then I took the first stencil from the Layered Bees set and arranged it so that just one of the bees would fit inside the space between the blue trellis "lines."  I brushed some yellow ink over that first bee stencil, picked up the stencil and moved it to the next white space and repeated the process to fill in all the white areas.  I repeated this process with the second stencil and brushed some black ink over the bee body to fill in the black stripes.  For the third stencil (the wings), I placed it over my inked bee body and used my finger to apply some creamy mother-of-pearl paste.  I repositioned the stencil over each of the bee bodies and added the mother-of-pearl wings and then set this aside to let it dry.

Meanwhile, I die cut the "friend" sentiment and stamped the "hello" with black ink onto white cardstock.  I used my yellow brush to add some matching yellow ink to the "hello" strip.  After the bee wings were completely dry, I glued this panel to a white card base and adhered the sentiments to the center.  As a finishing touch, I added some yellow enamel dots to the centers of the blue trellis lines.

I love how this turned out, and it was a fun experiment to see if the bees would fit inside the white spaces.  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% (excluding bundles) when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can pick up this Clover Trellis stencil and the Layered Bees with this discount code.  Take a look at all the great February stencils and check out the gorgeous Card Bling.  The code, HollyFan10, will work on stencils, stamps, and Card Bling, so have fun shopping!  Enjoy your day!


 

No comments: