Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Intricate Diamonds Three Ways

Good morning!  Today I'm sharing three different cards all featuring the new Intricate Diamonds stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (code HollyFan10 to save).  I love this stencil because it has so many different patterns within the diamonds, and I love the abstract and geometrical nature of this design.  You can use this for anything and with any kind of medium.



On this first card, I simply brushed some soft blue dye ink through the stencil and let it fade out.  Then I added some die cut flowers and stamped the sentiment from the Oodles set (also from A Colorful Life Designs).



On this purple card, I pulled out a gel press print that had some pinks, blues, and purples in it.  I brushed some Villainous Potion distress ink (dark purple) over the stencil and gel print for a dramatic geometric look.


For this bright and shiny card, I placed the Intricate Diamonds stencil over some white cardstock and spread on several different colors of Paper Glaze (Picket Fence Studios).  While this was drying, I spread the leftover paste onto some scrap paper and let that dry.  Then I die cut the sentiment from the scrap paper and adhered it to a white shadow die cut and affixed it to the stenciled card.  The colors of paste that I used were Daffodil Yellow, Succulent Green, Jade Vine, and Ocean Poppy.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can check out all of the February 2023 stencils HERE, and the Intricate Diamonds stencil is HERE.  Have a great day!



 

No comments: