Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

Beyond the Blue #80 - Stencil Crazy


Today's Beyond the Blue challenge (#80) is all about the stencils.  Lee is asking us to use more than one stencil on our projects, so I went a little further and used FIVE stencils on this memory dex card.  I pulled out a bunch of scenic stencils from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save) and basically just played until I got to a stopping point.

I used these stencils (from top to bottom):

Cloud Edger
Mountain Edger 5
Mountain Edger 1
Tree Line Edger 2
Tree Line Edger 4

The stamp is also from A Colorful Life Designs, and it's from the Altitude set.  I used distress inks and lightly brushed each color on, gradually getting darker and darker as I worked my way down.  Then I misted the whole piece with water and let it dry.  You can see the faded circles where the water removed some of the ink colors.

Check out what my fellow team members created with their stencils for this challenge and play along with us.  Happy Friday!


 

No comments: