Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Starry Joy to the World


Good morning!  I'm back with another Christmas card today, and this time I've used the beautiful All The Stars stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This one was an experiment and I love how it turned out.

I started by spreading some dark blue stencil paste over the All The Stars stencil onto some black cardstock.  Well..... as you can imagine, it was hard to see the dark blue stenciling against the black paper.  I didn't want to toss this in the trash, so I looked around the craft room to see what I could do to save this.  I spied my glitter pen - my trusty old Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen that I've had for ages.  I hunkered down and traced the glitter pen through all the stenciled "tracks" between the paste, essentially covering up all the black cardstock.  This really brought the background and the stencil design to life!

Since I had gold going through the stenciled background, I decided to add some more gold accents.  I paired this with a church scene (SU) die cut from gold glitter paper and the gold-embossed sentiment is from Pinkfresh Studios.

You can use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  This will work on everything in your cart except for the Master Creator Bundles which are already 20% off.  You can see this All The Stars stencil HERE, and check out all the other Christmas stencils HERE.  I have some more Christmas cards to share with you, so be prepared for a little flurry of holiday postings over the next week.  Have a great day!




 

No comments: