Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Distressed Geometric Smile


Good morning!  I'm back with another card that I created using the Mid Century Geometric stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This stencil is so versatile and I've had so much fun discovering all the different ways to use it.  

Here, I placed the Mid Century Geometric stencil onto some white cardstock and taped down the edges.  Then I used my finger (yes, my finger!) to apply some white gesso over the stencil.  I wasn't going for a perfect application of gesso; rather, I wanted that messy, distressed look, so that's why I used my finger.  After the gesso dried, I sprayed some Glimmer Mists (a pale green color, a pink color, and a plum color) over the piece.  While the paper was still wet from the Glimmer Mists, I scrunched it up into a ball and then unfurled it.  I set this aside to dry completely while I worked on the card base and the sentiment.

For the sentiment, I sprayed the pale green Glimmer Mist onto some scrap paper, and then I sprayed the plum Glimmer Mist onto another scrap and let those dry.  I cut out the "smile" sentiment and the shadow with the matching dies from Honey Bee Stamps and then I stamped the coordinating sentiment with a blackberry ink.  The card base is a deep blackberry color, and I adhered the stenciled piece with glue.  I did not flatten the stenciled piece down.  I actually left all the cool distressed areas intact so this card has a very bumpy and uneven texture.  I love the contrast of this texture with the soft shimmery colors.  

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order and you'll have some great new stencils to play with!  Come on back tomorrow to see another card I've done with this Mid Century Geometric stencil.  I told you, I can't stop playing with this one!  :-)


 

No comments: