Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Be Creative Every Day


Good morning, friends!  Here's a fun thing to do with those large leaf stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.  Zentangle 'em!  If you are a doodler, you know what I'm talking about.  When I was growing up, every time my mom was on the phone, she would mindlessly doodle all over whatever paper was in front of her.  It could be the phone book, an envelope, a newspaper, or even a grocery list - as long as it was paper she would doodle on it.  LOL

Now they don't call it doodling anymore.  It has a grown-up fancy name now called Zentangle.  When I was looking at the outlines for the new large leaf stencils from A Colorful Life Designs, I just had to give this a try.  I completely zoned out while doodling on this leaf.  There's no rhyme or reason for anything on this leaf.  I just went with the flow.

I started by placing the Layered Fancy Leaf stencil down on my white cardstock.  Then I took an extra fine Sharpie marker and traced around the edge of the leaf.  I removed the stencil and then just drew lines, dots, waves, zigzags, filled in some areas and left some areas white.  It was so relaxing to just draw and not think about anything.

Why not try this yourself?  If you'd like to go shopping for these large leaf stencils at A Colorful Life Designs, please use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order.  Have fun and do something creative every day!


 

No comments: