Pages

Friday, September 3, 2021

Beyond the Blue #31 - Sunflower on Suede


Good morning, friends!  Today's Beyond the Blue challenge is to color on colored cardstock.  That means no white or cream papers.  In the past, I've colored on kraft cardstock, but this time I wanted to really challenge myself.  I stamped a sunflower on a darker brown cardstock (Soft Suede from Stampin Up).  Because this brown is much darker, I could not just watercolor or use my Copic markers on this.  So I pulled out some alternatives just to see what would happen.

I started by squeezing a little bit of the yellow Nuvo drops onto my craft mat, and I added a little water to that.  I used this thinned out mixture to color in the yellow sunflower petals.  The center of the sunflower was colored in with the chocolate mica gloss liquid.  For the leaves, I mixed some of the aqua mica gloss with the Hunter Chroma Mist spray (Brutus Monroe).  After the sunflower was completely dry, I added some Golden Sunset Nuvo Drops to the center of the flower.


I thought this was a fun and interesting experiment.  I colored using mediums I've never thought about coloring with before.  Think about the stamps you have and what you could color them with.  What colored paper would you color on?  Give it a try and share your results with us over on the Beyond the Blue blog.  Have a great weekend!


 

No comments: