Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lady in the Moon



Danita challenged me to use the MOJO70 sketch today, so this is what I came up with. The lady in the moon image is from Rubbernecker - isn't that gorgeous?? I colored her with copic markers and then sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink, and I picked it because it mentioned stars.

I was actually going to emboss the lady image before I did my sponging. However, when I went over the coloring with my Versamarker pen and dumped clear embossing powder on it, all the powder fell off!! I wonder if the alcohol in the Copic markers repels the stickiness of the versamark?? Does anyone know?? So..... I had to be careful with my sponging, and I used my fingers to hide the moon as best as I could.

Thanks for a cool sketch, Julee! :-)

Stamps: lady in the moon (Rubbernecker), sentiment (PaperTrey Ink)
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Not Quite Navy
CS: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Kraft
Designer Paper: Not Quite Navy, Saffron
Other: star punch, copic markers, nestabilities, sponge

8 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful Ms. Holly. You've been busy.
Angel hugs
Debby

Danita said...

Holly, I just love this card!!! It is soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! You really captured the beauty of the lady in the night sky with the moon and stars!!! Awesome work!!!

Shelly said...

WOWZER!! This is beautiful, Miss Holly!! You are soooo talented girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful theme!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! I love the glow you've created with the sponging, and the image is awesome. Thanks for playing. I've added your link to Mr. Linky so others can see it, too! :)

Yankee in England said...

What a stunning card! great job on teh sketch.

Christi Flores said...

Wow Holly!! This is gorgeous!!!

AB. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! That stamped image is just gorgeous! I love your colourings in this card!
Peace & love
Alison xx