Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Basic Grey Recipe Challenge



Danita challenged me to play in the new Basic Grey challenge today. This time we had to follow a recipe - 2 designer papers, 1 button, 1 ribbon, and 3 brads. Easy enough, right?

So I picked up my Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers and tried to figure out which ones I wanted to play with. Then I had to think of a sketch. Then I had to think, which stamps would look good with this? Finally I decided on the new Spring Trees from Cornish Heritage Farms. It's a fun, cutesy set that I thought would look good with the Urban Prairie papers.

The green flower brads were a bright lime green, so I dulled them down a bit by coloring over them with a Copic marker. The tree image is colored with Copics, and I went over the bee wings with a clear Spica glitter pen for a little shimmer.

This is a fun little challenge. It's nice to have a day to just play! The weather has been cold and windy today, so it was a perfect day to stay inside and stamp. Hope you are all warm and happy today! :-)

Stamps: Spring Trees (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
CS: Taken with Teal, White, Urban Prairie by Basic Grey
Other: button, flower brads, white tafetta ribbon, copic markers, clear Spica glitter pen

8 comments:

Danita said...

Holly, this turned out AWESOME!!! I love that Pacific Point paper with the Urban Prairie paper!!! Love the image you picked!!! Great job with this challenge!!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet! I love that color combo!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Good luck with the challenge!

XOXO
Sara

Gayatri said...

So cute.. Love the card.

AB. said...

Beautiful card - loving that image & your colouring!
Peace & love
Alison xx

Nicole Bailey said...

What a super cute card! Love the image and your coloring is awesome. :O)
TFS>

Heather said...

Great choice of layout, papers, colours and image - brilliant card.
Thanks for playing with us this week at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

A stunning card Holly! I love the stamp you used, your colouring and the very striking and beautiful colour scheme, love those Urban Prairie papers too. Chris x