Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Belli Challenge #52 - Bake a Cake Challenge!!




Can you believe it has been ONE YEAR of Belli Challenges already!? For those of you who may not know what a Belli Challenge is...

Each week, we try a challenge that will use things we have lying around our stamp rooms or homes! With a constant flow of new things coming out, we tend to forget about the other things we have and they quickly become clutter!

For the week of January 28, Belli #52, we are hosting a VERY special Belli Challenge in celebration of our One Year Anniversary. Some of you may have played this game before with some other groups... We will be BAKING A CAKE to celebrate our First Anniversary of Belli Challenges.

How do we play BAKE A CAKE?

Listed below is a list of cake ingredients. You must pick 5 ingredients, you can list them on your upload too, but don't share what the ingredients stand for, link them up to Chrissy's blog! Tomorrow Chrissy will give you the list of what the ingredients are equal to in Embellishments! On this second list is the corresponding crafting ingredient for the items you picked. For example, flour = ribbon (just an example - the actual list is different). Your challenge is to create a card with those 5 ingredients that you chose. You could wind up having to create a card with ribbon, chipboard, designer paper, buttons, and paint. This is the fun part. You don't know what you are picking!! Are you ready for this fun challenge??

Here are the ingredients, be sure to choose 5!
Flour
Sugar
Butter
Vanilla
Eggs
Salt
Baking soda
Chocolate
Nutmeg
Milk
Cinnamon
Powdered sugar
Cream cheese
Cocoa powder
Coconut
Oil

For my card, I had picked flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and powdered sugar. It was a challenge for me to put all that on my card, because I'm not a foo-foo stamper. My cards are usually clean and simple. But I managed to squeeze all my Cake Ingredients onto this card. :-)

Check on Chrissy's blog for the second list which will have the equivalent crafting ingredients. I hope you join us in our fun Anniversary Challenge!!

Lee Murphy joins us again this week as our special guest designer. HERE is her blog, so check out what she has created!!

Here's what our Belli Girls have created for our First Belli Anniversary:

Shelly Koskinen
Jennifer Greco
Chris Dickinson
Christi Thorsen
Ceal Pritchett
Lorie Ames
Danita Hollander
Joan Ervin
Karen Gibson

Stamps: Love Blooms (Chrissy's latest stamp set available at Sweet N Sassy Stamps)
Ink: Silver Encore, Pink Pirouette
CS: White, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, vellum, Bittersweet Basic Grey dsp
Other: nestabilities, silver embossing powder, brads, lace, copic markers, sponge

8 comments:

Ceal said...

Holly this is Gorgeous! Stunning TFS

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Holly, this is sooooo beautiful!!! I do believe I see a little foofoo here...your combined your ingredients perfectly!!! I love the embossed image and the vellum with the lace looks FABULOUS!!!

Danita said...

Holly, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love that paper you used from Basic Grey Bittersweet collection. Those roses are just AWESOME!!! Great job with the Belli Challenge!!! I love the scalloped ovals and circles, everything just looks so perfect!!!

Chrissy D said...

Girl, this is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! WOW! You really KNOCKED my socks off with this. Such YUMMY DP TOO!

Debby said...

This is gorgeous Holly. Love how you did your vellum.
Angel hugs
Debby

Kim Marie said...

Oh, my Holly....Gorgeous is the only human word close to how beautiful this card is! Wow!!

What a cool challenge, too...very creative!
Kim Marie

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely stunning!! Wow! I love that lace!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Oh my goodness Holly! I just saw this for the 1st time and can't believe how close in design it is to mine! Honest, I didn't copy yours! All I can say is "great minds" you know! This is uncanny, I still can't believe the likeness. Yours is gorgeous! Mine was for last week (51) not this week's Cake!